Rok 2005, zeszyt siódmy
- Daniel Bartosiewicz: Józef Porayski-Pomsta (w 40-lecie pracy dydaktycznej)
ARTYKUŁY I ROZPRAWY
- Stanisław Dubisz: Rozwój systemu językowego polszczyzny w XIX wieku
- Krystyna Długosz-Kurczabowa: Językowe procesy integracyjne (na materiale małopolskiej gwary wsi Chrusty)
- Elżbieta Sękowska: Pole leksykalne
- stan we współczesnej polszczyźnie
- Maria Przybysz-Piwko: Świadomość językowa. Problem nie tylko lingwistyczny
- Włodzimierz Gruszczyński: O przyszłości Słownika języka polskiego XVII i 1. połowy XVIII wieku
- Wanda Decyk: Nazwy rosyjskie w XVIII-wiecznej polskiej literaturze geograficznej (na przykładzie nazw miast założonych w latach 1584-1740)
SPRAWOZDANIA, UWAGI, POLEMIKI
- Halina Satkiewicz: Sprawozdanie z konferencji Stylistyka na lekcjach języka polskiego w liceum ogólnokształcącym (Warszawa 09.06.2005)
KOMUNIKATY RADY JĘZYKA POLSKIEGO PRZY PREZYDIUM PAN
- Nazwy samochodów
- Daniel Bartosiewicz: Józef Porayski-Pomsta (On the 40th Anniversary of Didactic Work)
ARTICLES AND DISSERTATIONS
- Stanisław Dubisz: The Development of Polish Linguistic System in the 19th Century
- Krystyna Długosz-Kurczabowa: Linguistic Integration Processes (Based on the Material of Małopolski Dialect in the Village Chrusty)
- Elżbieta Sękowska: The Lexical Area of
- the State in Contemporary Polish
- Maria Przybysz-Piwko: Linguistic Awareness. Not Just a Linguistic Problem
- Włodzimierz Gruszczyński: On the Future of the Polish Dictionary of 17 and the First Half of the 18th Century
- Wanda Decyk: Russian Names in 18th Century Polish Geographic Literature
REPORTS, NOTICES, POLEMICS
- Halina Satkiewicz: A Report of the Conference Stylistics at Polish Lessons in Grammar School (Warsaw 09.06.2005)
ANNOUNCEMENTS OF POLISH LANGUAGE COMMITTEE AT PAN PRESIDIUM
- Car Names
The Development of Polish Linguistic System in the 19th Century
In linguistic research of the 19th century there is still a lot to examine as far as the development of Polish is concerned. The article is an attempt of a synthetic presentation of major processes and phenomena which contributed to the evolution of Polish linguistic system in that century. 30 main processes with a distinction into phonetics (5), inflection (4), syntax (10), word formation (5), vocabulary (6) have been presented here altogether, including crucial individual changes (which together makes 65). It has allowed a definition of the hierarchy of these processes and basic tendencies in development of every subsystem, i.e. phonetics, inflection - a tendency towards simplification of the system; syntax - a tendency to clarification and functional differentiation of the elements of the system; morphology, vocabulary - a tendency to fill in the gaps in linguistic means. The description is based on the background of the structuralist methodology, adapted in this kind of analyses in numerous diachronic linguistic works by Stanisław Dubisz.
Linguistic Integration Processes
(Based on the Material of Małopolski Dialect in the Village Chrusty)
The subject of the article is integration processes of the dialect from a village close to Kielce and standard Polish. The article focuses on the lexical part which has been dropped by the inhabitants during the last part of the century. Mechanisms of their standard vocabulary acquisition are described in another work. Dropping dialectic vocabulary is not done mechanically, but it is a complex process influenced by extra-linguistic and intra-linguistic factors. The simplest relation occurs when a word disappears together with the designation, e.g. es %an %s' letter shaped tool for chopping potatoes', zapaska %a woolen colorful cloak to put around the shoulders, a regional piece of clothing'. Some words disappear due to reinterpretation of the reality, which is why odwieczerz %the time between 4 and 5 p.m.', podoknie %the part of the wall below a window' cease to exist, although the designations objectively still exist. Getting rid of some dialectic words is a long-term process. It is accompanied by contrary tendencies of various kinds, e.g. modification of the word form (phonetic, inflectional, morphological), a change in meaning, a change of emotional contents, metaphor formation, phrasal usage. One of the clearly seen tendencies is a substitution: a standard Polish word replaces a dialectic one, e.g. mdły (sickly) instead of drujki.
The Lexical Area of «Politics» - the State in Contemporary Polish
The analysis illustrates problems, a contemporary political vocabulary researcher faces. There is the lexical area of politics, reconstructed according to structural and cognitive semantic assumptions. The lexeme's structure of meaning is based on the definitions in dictionaries of general Polish and dictionaries of political language. Lexicographic analysis has been supported by contemporary publicist contexts. It has allowed a distinction of 6 semantic components in understanding the term politics; each of them gathers words, for which a given component is a constitutive element.
Linguistic Awareness. Not Just a Linguistic Problem
A complex character of linguistic awareness is analyzed here with the background of research of awareness as such: neurobiology, neuro-psychology and psycholinguistics. The author finds reasons for terminological mess in the area of consciousness source of linguistic communication. Two sorts of knowledge contribute to linguistic awareness: declarative (the knowledge of rules) and procedural (the control of their usage).
On the Future of the Polish Dictionary of 17 and the First Half of the 18th Century
The article shows the present state of the works on Słownik języka polskiego XVII i 1 połowy XVIII wieku, and the most crucial changes in the editorial instructions to this dictionary, which were introduced after publishing the last part of volume 1. Possibilities of deeper changes in work organization on the dictionary and in the way of publishing it are discussed in the article as well. The idea to make dictionary materials (quotations from various sources) available on the Internet, to work on them and show the results immediately, is analyzed here. This kind of work organization would shorten the time to produce a unique Polish text corpus from 17 and the 1st half of 18th century.
Russian Names in 18th Century Polish Geographic Literature
29 names of Russian towns are analyzed in the article. Most of them were shifted from West European sources, particularly French. Relation between Polish and French texts is visible not only in the layout of the material, the way of terminological presentation (providing the original name and its Latin version), but also in its graphic as well as phonetic-morphological form of names. The duration of that terminological layer in Polish was different; a lot of these name were ephemeral, written (Jeniscea = Jenisejsk, Tzenogar = Czernojar). Today they just prove interpenetration of literature, scholarly inspiration, seeking information about the East in the West, a high reputation of French science and French language, and eventually, fashion.